I like sweet and tart combinations. And to me, raspberries sometimes have that tart and tangy flavor. I like to pair that with something sweet which, in this case, was vanilla. The vanilla protein powder I used in this recipe has just the right amount of sweetness to offset the tartness of the raspberries. The texture of these were really good, too! I almost added some melted white chocolate on top thinking that the added sweetness would be yummy. Listen, there's no way melted white chocolate would be bad or not good. But I will say that they are delicious without it also :) Enjoy!
2 egg whites
¾ cup raspberries, divided
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond meal flour
½ cup oat flour (or whole-wheat flour)
3 tablespoons xylitol(or sweetener of choice)
½ tsp. baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 6 silicon muffin liners on a sheet pan.
2. Add egg whites, ¼ cup raspberries, and almond milk to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir together.
4. Pour wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in the remainder ½ cup raspberries.
5. Evenly spoon batter into the 6 muffin liners and bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 muffin
Macros for 1 serving
128 calories, 9g protein, 15.6g carbs, 4.8g fat, 1.2g sugar, 2.9g fiber
* You can use regular cupcake liners. Make sure to coat them with non-stick spray before adding the muffin batter.
* You can also make these into mini muffins. Decrease the cooking time to 10-14 minutes.