It is officially warm here in the south. And by warm, I mean you walk outside and the sun makes you feel like you're melting and the humidity makes you sticky. When I feel hot and stick, I usually crave an ice cold strawberry lemonade :) A tall, cold glass of strawberry lemonade. Mmmmmm. That is when I thought to myself that a muffin with those flavors would be so delicious. I have always been fond of any type of berry with lemon and lime flavors. Blueberry and lemon YES. Strawberry and lemon YES! Raspberry and lime YES! Yes yes yes! I suppose there's not much to say now to convince you of my love towards these flavors. I hope you're a fan too and if you are, these are a must make!
¼ cup almond meal flour
½ cup oat flour (or whole-wheat flour)
3 tablespoons Vitacost xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon sugar-free strawberry gelatin mix
½ tsp. baking powder
2 egg whites
5 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (or applesauce)
1½ tablespoon lemon juice
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place 6 silicon cupcake liners on a sheet pan.
2. Add egg whites, strawberries, greek yogurt, and lemon juice to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, lemon zest, gelatin mix, and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir together.
4. Pour wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Evenly spoon batter into the 6 cupcake liners and bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
6. Stir together glaze ingredients, slowly adding water until desired consistency is reached, and drizzle on each muffin. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 mini donut
Macros for 1 serving
125 calories, 10.3g protein, 10g carbs, 3.3g fat, 1.5g fiber, 2.1g sugar