I know cheesecakes are typically served chilled right out of the fridge. I will let you know what I recommend :) a little back story - there is a restaurant in Birmingham, AL, which is where I am from, that serves their homemade cheesecake warm. It is life changing. It is my favorite cheesecake of all time! So this cheesecake was consumed early (before it cooled) due to the fact that I have no patience when it comes to sweets. I instantly thought of that cheesecake from that restaurant in Birmingham. My recommendation? Let it cool in the pan for about an hour after baking then eat it before you put it in the fridge. I promise you will LOVE it! Enjoy!
¼ cup almond meal flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon granulated baking stevia (or xylitol)
½ tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup granulated baking stevia (or sweetener of choice)
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup low fat plain cream cheese, softened
1 whole egg
¼ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray a mini spring form pan (4.5 inches) with cooking spray.
2. Stir together all crust ingredients then press/mold the mixture onto the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake the crust for 5 minutes.
3. Add cream cheese to a mixing bowl and, using a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Whisk in the egg and coconut milk until smooth.
4. Add the remainder of the cheesecake ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix together until well combined.
5. Pour cheesecake batter into the spring form pan and bake in the oven for 32-36 minutes, or until the cheesecake does not have a giggle when moved.
6. Let the cheesecake cool for about 1 hour then remove from the pan. Slice into 6 pieces and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 slice
Macros for 1 serving
154 calories, 8.6g protein, 4.2g carbs, 11.5g fat, 0.5g sugar, 1.5g fiber