When I begin to make a cheesecake, I find myself getting nervous toward the end of it baking. Cheesecake is temperamental and will turn on you in no time. I say this as a reminder that every oven is different. The goal to having a soft and fluffy cheesecake is to not allow the cheesecake to over bake. Removing it from the oven when it has a slight jiggle....& I mean SLIGHT is, what I have found, makes the best cheesecakes. I also start the oven temp. at 325 and decrease it to 180 at the 15 minute mark. Cheesecake is a science. That is basically what I am trying to say. And I have attempted to help with your best cheesecake making skills. This cheesecake is delicious, creamy, and has just the right amount of sweetness. Best of luck and most importantly, Enjoy!
¼ cup coconut flour
½ Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp. xylitol or stevia
¼ tsp. water
2 Tbsp. xylitol or stevia
¼ cup low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. cooked sweet potato, mashed
1 Tbsp. sugar free maple syrup
Maple Cream Sauce
10 drops vanilla crème liquid stevia
¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
¼ cup cottage cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 4½ inch mini spring form pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Stir together crust ingredients in a small bowl until mixture is well combined. Press all of crust mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and prepare the cheesecake filling while crust is cooling.
3. Place the cream cheese and greek yogurt in a mixing bowl and, using a hand held mixer, blend until smooth and creamy. Add the xylitol and blend until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Make sure mixture is completely smooth.
4. Pour cheesecake mixture into spring form pan and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 180 degrees F and bake for another 32-36 minutes. The batter will have a slight jiggle but should not be soupy. Remove from oven and, using a knife, gently separate the crust from the pan. Place the cheesecake in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
5. When ready to serve, blend together cream ingredients in a food processor or magic bullet until smooth and spread on top of cheesecake. Slice into 4 even pieces and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 slice with sauce
MACROS for 1 serving:
151 calories, 12.8g protein, 8.6g carbs, 7.2g fat, 3.5g fiber, 2.2g sugar
* Make sure all cold ingredients have reached room temperature before mixing.
* You may substitute sugar free maple syrup with pure maple syrup or honey.