Ok. Muffins aren't really my favorite protein treat to make. Or I guess I don't get too excited about them. But when muffins turn our the way these did - I get excited. I feel victorious. I win! The sweetness of these muffins comes from the fruit and protein products I used. No need to add syrup or sugar because they turned out perfectly sweet. The bananas foster flex flavor is my favorite so far! It really added a nice [and healthy] flavor to these muffins. Enjoy!
¾ cup oat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 egg whites
1 small banana, divided
3 medjool dates (pitted, soaked in water for 30 minutes, & drained)
¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 8 silicon cupcake liners on a sheet pan and set aside.
2. Place egg whites, ½ of the banana, dates, and almond milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until mixture is smooth and pour into a mixing bowl. Stir in coconut oil.
3. To the mixing bowl, add the protein powder, flex flavor, oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until mixture is well combined.
4. Chop the remaining ½ of the banana into bite-sized pieces and stir into the muffin batter. Evenly spoon batter into the cupcake liners.
5. Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes, or until a knife inserted into muffin comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is 1 muffin
Macros for 1 serving
146 calories, 10.7g protein, 23g carbs, 7.7g fat, 9g sugar, 3.3g fiber