I love when you add blueberries in a batter to bake, whether it is a muffin, cupcake, or cake, they burst open adding a sweet and tart pop of flavor. There are fresh blueberries blended into the muffin batter and more blueberries that are stirred into the batter right before baking. If you like blueberries, these are for you! They are also low in sugar and low in fat with an awesome 9g protein per muffin. Enjoy!
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
¼ cup almond meal flour
1/3 cup oat flour (or whole-wheat flour)
3 tablespoons xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
½ tsp. baking powder
2 egg whites
¾ cup blueberries, divided
¼ cup greek yogurt (or applesauce)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place 6 silicon cupcake liners on a sheet pan.
2. Add egg whites, ¼ cup blueberries, greek yogurt, and extract to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, and baking powder to a mixing bowl and stir together.
4. Pour wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in the remainder ½ cup blueberries.
5. Evenly spoon batter into the 6 cupcake liners and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 muffin (sauce and glaze not included)
Macros for 1 serving