There are several flavors I enjoy simultaneously. Peanut butter and banana is definitely one of them! This light and airy banana cake is paired with a creamy peanut butter icing that showcases the flavor combination perfectly! Each slice is low in sugar and low in fat, allowing you to munch on this without any guilt.
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups almond meal flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup xylitol
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup water
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2qt. dish (or something similar in size to a 7x11” dish) with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the first 4 cake ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth.
3. Add the remainder of cake ingredients to the bowl and stir until batter is smooth and well combined.
4. Pour cake batter into prepared dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the oven for 28-32 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of cake. Let cake cool for 1 hour before topping it with icing.
6. To make the icing, whisk together peanut powder, water, and honey until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cake, cut into 24 pieces, and enjoy!
Makes 24 servings
1 serving is 1 piece of cake with icing
Macros for 1 serving