Rich, decadent, smooth, and - more importantly, chocolatey! After taking your first bite, you would honestly never know that one of the ingredients is black beans! Yep - hello fiber. I promise you, once you take a gamble with this pie filling, there will be no desire to change the recipe. Black beans and all!
1/3 cup oat flour
¼ cup almond meal flour
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon water
½ (15oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ small banana
1/3 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
¼ cup dark cocoa protein powder
Optional: chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Combine all of the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Stir together until mixture turns crumbly and hold its shape when pressed down.
3. Pour all of crust mixture into the pie pan and press down with your hands until crust covers the bottom of pan.
4. Combine all pie filling ingredients (except optional chocolate chips) in a food processor. Blend until mixture is completely smooth. Stop and scape the sides of the bowl and process again until filling is smooth.
5. Pour pie filling into pan, smooth down, and top with chocolate chips, if desired.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the center doesn’t jiggle when moved. Let cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is 1 slice (without chocolate chips)
Macros for 1 serving