I was typing out the recipe for these thinking "I wonder what they would taste like without any egg"? So, I typed up an eggless cookie recipe and went to work in the kitchen. These turned out better than I expected! I already love anything lemon flavored. And we all know (and if you're a new reader of my blog I will let you in on the secret) I LOVE COOKIES! These were delicious to me. Even my husband had some. And by some I mean he had 4 at once. He's not even a huge lemon fan but he raved about these. Success! Enjoy :)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2/3 cups oat flour
2 tablespoons xylitol
1 teaspoon lemon zest
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup coconut milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon butter extract
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
Juice of ½ lemon
6 tablespoons coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
2. Place the first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together.
3. Pour the remainder of the ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients and stir until batter is thick and smooth.
4. Using a small ice-cream scooper or tablespoon, drop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto sheet pan, making 14 cookies total.
5. Flatten each cookie with a fork, making a crisscross pattern, and bake in the oven for 10-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
6. Whisk the glaze ingredients together and drizzle on each cookie. Serve immediately.
Makes 14 servings
1 serving is 1 cookie with glaze
Macros for 1 serving
80 calories, 3.7g protein, 6.1g carbs, 4.9g fat, 0.3g sugar, 0.7g fiber