Check these out! Seriously. These little bites of heaven are chocolatey, scrumptious, and decadent treats. They contain NO dairy either. I love treats like this because they are a perfect pre-workout snack that will get you going thanks to the healthy protein, carbs, and natural sugars they contrain. You can also choose not to bake them. I tried them both ways and they're perfect no matter what you decide. Enjoy!
¼ cup unsalted walnuts
¼ cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
¾ scoop chocolate protein powder
2 teaspoons dark cocoa powder
¼ cup dates, pitted
1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup (or regular maple syrup)
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
Optional Toppings: melted sugar free chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Soak dates in a bowl of water for 10 minutes and drain.
3. Pulse walnuts in a food processor until a fine crumble forms.
4. Add dates to walnut mixture and pulse until smooth.
5. Add remainder of the ingredients, except rolled oats, to the food processor and blend until completely smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl a few times to ensure the mixture is well combined.
6. Spoon batter into a mixing bowl, stir in oats, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from fridge and roll 2 tablespoons of batter into a ball. Repeat until 16 energy bites are made.
8. Place bites on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 energy bite
Macros for 1 serving
82 calories, 2.9g protein, 14.6g carbs, 12.6g net carbs, 1.9g fat, 7.8g sugar, 2g fiber