Mini Cakes? Yep. You heard, and saw, correctly! My absolute favorite fruit to bake with are blueberries. They soften while cooking, with the end result being little bursts of sweet and tangy flavors with each bite. Pair that will the sweet vanilla glaze on top and you've got a tasty cake.
2 tablespoons cashew butter
¼ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup almond meal flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 5 ramekins with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the first 4 cake ingredients until smooth.
3. Add the remainder of cake ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until batter is well combined.
4. Evenly spoon cake batter into each ramekin, filling until 2/3 full.
5. Bake in the oven for 36-42 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cakes comes out clean.
6. Let cakes cool while you make the icing
7. For the icing, slowly add water to protein powder while whisking until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle icing on each cake and enjoy!
Makes 10 servings
1 serving is ½ mini cake with icing
Macros for 1 serving