Mmmmmmm!! Blueberries, lemonade, blondies, Oh My! Perfectly soft and scrumptious blueberry blondies topped with a sweet and tangy lemon icing. Let's not forget that they are figure friendly, providing only 144 calories per serving! The deep blue/purple color of the blondie is from the REAL blueberries that are blended in the batter. To artificial coloring over here!
4 egg whites
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup blueberries
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¾ cup almond milk
1 cup coconut flour
1 cup almond meal flour
1/3 cup xylitol
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 2-quart (7x11”) baking dish.
2. Combine the first 5 cake ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend together until mixture is smooth and blueberries are blended well.
3. Combine remainder of cake ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
4. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the oven for 36-40 minutes. Let cool completely then slice into 18 squares.
6. Whisk the icing ingredients together, slowly adding enough water to reach desired consistency, and drizzle on each blondie. Enjoy!
Makes 18 servings
1 serving is 1 blondie with icing