I feel like strawberry banana is one of those classic flavor combinations that make most people smile in delight. I mean...I smile when I taste them together. These muffin's name speaks for itself. Instant smile! They are significantly low in sugar, allowing you to avoid the typical post-muffin sugar spike.
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons amaranth flour
½ cup oat flour
1 scoop ARO vanilla whey protein powder
¼ cup xylitol
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup strawberries, diced
1 small banana, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 8 silicon muffin molds on a sheet pan and set aside.
2. Add eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
3. To the same mixing bowl, add amaranth flour, oat flour, protein powder, xylitol, baking powder, and salt. Whisk with wet ingredients until well combined.
4. Stir in the strawberries and banana.
5. Evenly spoon muffin batter into the 8 muffin molds.
6. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until muffin center is cooked completely.
7. Remove from oven and let muffins cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is 1 muffin
Macros for 1 muffin
179 calories, 7.1g protein, 19.7g carbs, 9.6g fat, 2.7g sugar, 2.2g fiber
* You can substitute almond milk with your milk of choice.
* You can substitute xylitol with coconut sugar or granulated sweetener of choice.