I am pretty obsessed with how these turned out. The texture is absolutely perfect, the new organic chocolate chunks from Vitacost are seriously delicious, and the flavor of these blondies are so good! These don't have an overwhelming pumpkin flavor - just enough to give you a little taste! I could honestly eat this whole batch. Please make these :) and enjoy!
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup canned pumpkin
1 cup oat flour (or whole-wheat flour)
½ cup almond meal
¼ cup Vitacost xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine egg yolks, milk, and canned pumpkin in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, oat flour, almond meal, xylitol, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to a separate mixing bowl. Stir together.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in ½ cup of chocolate chunks.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 22-24 minutes, or until center is cooked. Let cool for about 20 minutes, slice into 16 squares, and serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 square
Macros for 1 serving
116 calories, 5.6g protein, 14g carbs, 5.1g fat, 4.6g sugar, 1.3g fiber
* You can also use an 8x8” baking pan – increase the cooking time by 4 minutes.