1 (16 oz.) package frozen dark cherries, thawed
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons water
½ cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Combine protein powder, cornstarch, lemon juice, water, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together until mixture is smooth and resembles a thick paste.
3. Add thawed cherries to mixing bowl and stir vigorously until cherries are coated with thick lemon juice mixture.
4. Pour cherry filling into baking dish. Evenly spread out, ensuring filling covers the bottom of dish.
5. In a separate bowl, stir together all of the crisp ingredients (except for the coconut oil). Evenly sprinkle on top of cherry filling.
6. Melt the coconut oil and pour on top of crisp ingredients. Try to coat the entire crisp topping with coconut oil.
7. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let cool for 1 hour before serving.
Makes 9 servings
1 serving is about 1/3 cup
Macros for 1 serving
160 calories, 5.1g protein, 22g carbs, 7.4g fat, 13g sugar, 21.5g fiber