1 cup buckwheat flour (or whole wheat flour)
¼ dark cocoa powder
½ cup Vitacost xylitol
1 whole egg
¼ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
¼ cup dark chocolate almond butter (or any chocolate nut butter)
3 tablespoons Vitacost liquid coconut oil (or melted coconut oil)
1 teaspoon Vitacost vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg, almond milk, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, and xylitol in another mixing bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir together until well combined.
5. Using an ice cream scooper (or spoon), drop about 3-4 tablespoons of cookie dough onto sheet pan. Repeat this until 12 cookies are made. Slightly flatten each cookie.
6. Bake in the oven for 14 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is 1 cookie
Macros for 1 serving
145 calories, 6.9g protein, 18.2g carbs, 7g fat, 1.6g sugar, 2.1g fiber