Here is another holiday inspired pumpkin recipe! This was my first attempt at making a homemade protein granola. I must say I am VERY pleased with how this turned out. I honestly am not a huge fan of pumpkin treats but this, my friends, is delicious!!! It made my entire house smell like a pumpkin spice candle. You can enjoy this granola as a cereal, have some with your favorite yogurt, or just eat it by itself. Either way, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
¾ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
2 scoops ARO vanilla whey protein powder
1/3 cup maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray, and set aside.
2. Place oats, seeds, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Place remainder of the ingredients (except for the protein powder) in a separate, microwave safe, bowl and stir together. Heat mixture for about 30 seconds. Stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Stir the protein powder into the liquid mixture until mixture is smooth.
5. Pour liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir, making sure everything is coated evenly.
6. Evenly spread granola mix onto sheet pan and bake in the oven for 40-44 minutes, stirring two times during the baking step.
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is about ¼ cup
Macros per serving
210 calories, 9.6g protein, 22.2g carbs, 10g fat, 6.7g sugar, 2.8g fiber