Who doesn't love S'mores during the cooler weather days? Hell. Who doesn't love S'mores at all times? I think they are pretty perfect - gooey melty chocolate and marshmallow eaten with graham crackers. These bars aren't crunchy like the typical graham cracker, but the flavor is there! But let's not forget there is added protein in my treats along with healthier ingredients used to get the final sweet dish. Enjoy!
Graham Cracker Layer
2/3 cup oat flour
½ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
¼ cup xylitol
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup plain greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 marshmallows, each cut/sliced in half
½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together syrup, yogurt, milk, egg whites, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add remainder of the graham cracker layer ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into baking dish, evenly spread out and flatten to the bottom of pan, and bake in the oven for 24-28 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. Turn the oven broiler on. Top the cooked graham cracker layer with chocolate chips then marshmallows.
6. Cook bars again (under the broiler) until marshmallows are slightly browned on the top, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Slice into 16 even squares. Enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 square
Macros for 1 serving
131 calories, 7.7g protein, 16.3g carbs, 3.4g fat, 5.6g sugar, 2.3g fiber
* When slicing the squares, spray the knife with non-stick spray so the melted marshmallows do not stick.
* Eat and enjoy right when the bars are done baking! You can store leftovers in the fridge and reheat in the microwave or oven.