Light and fluffy coconut cream chocolate chip cake bites! You won't believe that each one only has 56 calories per cake bite. A little side note - - coconut flour is a bit tricky to bake with because it absorbs so much moisture from the batter. If you don't have coconut flour and you decide to use a flour substitute, make sure to add a bit more of the substitute than the amount of coconut flour the recipe calls for. Enjoy!
2/3 cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup light coconut milk
3 egg whites
½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with foil coated with nonstick spray.
2. Whisk together coconut milk and egg whites in a mixing bowl.
3. To the bowl, add the remainder of ingredients, except chocolate chips, and stir until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Using a very small ice cream scooper, drop cookie dough balls onto the sheet pan. Repeat until 26 cake bites are made.
5. Bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 26 servings
1 serving is 1 cake bite
Macros for 1 serving
56 calories, 3.1g protein, 5.7g carbs, 2.1g fat, 1.9g sugar, 1.3g fiber
* Adjust the sweetener of choice to reach desired sweetness. I tend to enjoy my treats on the less sweet side so feel free to add more as needed.
* If you do not have coconut flour, add an additional 1/3 cup oat flour as a substitute for ¼ cup coconut flour. Adjust the macronutrients as necessary.