I have tried a lot of peanut butter brands. My absolute favorite is Vitacost's all natural peanut butter. It is delicious and free of that added crap that some peanut butters contain. The star ingredient of these cookies is that peanut butter. They are chewy, loaded with peanut butter flavor, and, as always, have an added boost of protein. Enjoy!
¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour (or oat flour)
¾ scoop ARO vanilla protein powder
¼ cup Vitacost xylitol (or granulated sweetener of choice)
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 egg white
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup vanilla almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with foil coated with non-stick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg white, extract, peanut butter, and almond milk until smooth.
3. Add the remainder of ingredients to the bowl and stir. The dough will be thick so use your hands at the end to knead it all together until a large ball of dough is formed.
4. Take about 1½ tablespoons of cookie dough in your hands and roll into a ball. Place each cookie ball on the sheet pan, making 16 cookies total.
5. Using a fork, press down each cookie to make a crisscross pattern.
6. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 cookie
Macros for 1 serving