It's HOT. It's MUGGY. It is summertime in the South! Therefor ice cream must be consumed. Cherry garcia is one of my favorite flavors. Here is a healthy, protein packed version of the delicious and creamy cherry and chocolate ice cream combo. YUMMMM! Enjoy!
½ cup vanilla almond milk
½ cup plain greek yogurt
2 cups ice
3 cups frozen cherries
1/3 cup all natural cashew butter (or almond butter)
½ cup baking stevia (or regular sugar)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips
1. Combine almond milk, yogurt, ice, frozen cherries, cashew butter, protein powder, stevia, and extract in a blender or food processor. Blend, stopping to stir a couple of times, until mixture is smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container (I used an 8x8 glass dish) and smooth down with a spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
3. Place container in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
4. Remove from the freezer and let sit for 10-12 minutes then serve with your favorite toppings, such as more cherries or sugar free chocolate syrup J Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is about 1 cup of ice cream
Macros for 1 serving
168 calories, 10.6g protein, 15g carbs, 7.5g fat, 9.9g sugar, 2.6g fiber
* For added creaminess and thickness, add ¼ teaspoon each of guar gum and xanthan gum while blending until desired consistency is reached.
* If you prefer chocolate ice cream, you can use chocolate almond milk and Lean Body for Her chocolate protein powder instead of the vanilla milk and vanilla protein.