Chewy, gooey, decadent, & delicious! I was really wanting some sort of brownie sundae this past week. You know the kind - a warm, gooey, & rich chocolate brownie with vanilla ice-cream and caramel on top sprinkled with something crunchy. Yeah that kind. I created this protein brownie with some added flavors so all I need to do is scoop vanilla ice cream on top. Perfection ~ Enjoy!
4 egg whites
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
8 medjool dates, pitted
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
¾ cup almond meal flour
1 cup oat flour
¼ cup dark cocoa powder
3 tablespoons xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
2 teaspoons baking powder
Optional: Toffee pieces (such as Heath Bar Chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Soak the dates in water for 5-10 minutes then drain.
3. Combine egg whites, yogurt, milk, and dates in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth and pour into a mixing bowl.
4. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, xylitol, & baking powder to the mixing bowl and stir until batter is well combined.
5. Spoon batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon. Add toffee pieces if desired.
6. Bake in the oven for 28-34 minutes then let cool for 30 minutes. Slice into 16 squares and serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 brownie square (without toffee pieces)
Macros for 1 serving
120 calories, 7.4g protein, 17.5g carbs, 3.7g fat, 7.2g sugar, 2.6g fiber