Have you ever baked with cashew butter? It is my favorite nut butter to bake with because it's already more buttery than the other kinds and it's so silky and smooth. All of that yumminess transfers to the treat you're making. Yes, please! This protein bread was certainly no exception! You'll love the texture and flavor of this bread. And strawberries are just so damn good! Enjoy!
4 egg whites
½ cup plain greek yogurt
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1/3 cup all-natural cashew butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¾ cup almond meal flour
1 cup oat flour (or whole-wheat flour)
½ cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar-free strawberry gelatin mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.
2. Combine egg whites, yogurt, ½ cup diced strawberries, cashew butter, and extract in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, baking powder, and gelatin mix to a mixing bowl. Stir together.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in remainder ½ cup of diced strawberries into batter.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 42-44 minutes, or until center is cooked. Let cool for 30 minutes then slice into 16 slices. Enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 slice
Macros for 1 serving
134 calories, 7.5g protein, 15.2g carbs, 6.3g fat, 1.7g sugar, 2g fiber