Brownie, Chocolate, Pie, OH MY! Two of the best desserts collide to make one decadent and rich protein treat. If you're a fan of chocolate, you really must try this! It is my very first brownie pie I have ever made and I was very pleased with the results. Making anything into a pie is fun to me. Making a brownie into a pie. Fun and delicious. Enjoy!
¾ scoop ARO chocolate protein powder
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup almond meal flour
3 tablespoons Vitacost cacao powder
1/3 cup Vitacost xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
3 egg whites
¾ cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pie pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites and almond milk.
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, to the mixing bowl and stir together until well combined.
4. Spoon batter into pie pan and spread out/flat down with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
5. Bake in the oven for 28-32 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing it from the pan.
6. Slice into 8 even pieces. Enjoy!
*I topped mine with Vitacost’s powdered peanut butter mixed with water.
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is 1 slice
Macros for 1 serving
124 calories, 7.5g protein, 16.6g carbs, 5.3g fat, 1g sugar, 4.5g fiber
* Once the brownie pie has cooled, you can either slice it while it’s still in the pan or invert it onto a flat serving dish.
* You may substitute coconut flour with ½ cup oat flour. If you do, decrease the almond milk to ½ cup.