This breakfast bread is sure to cheer you up and start your day off right! It's hard to find blood oranges around. But when you do, please bring some home with you and make this delicious loaf of bread! The citrus flavors are sure to put a zing in your step. Plus the healthy calories will provide enough energy for a fabulous day!
4 egg whites
½ cup plain greek yogurt
¼ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut butter, melted
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 blood orange
1½ scoops ARO vanilla whey protein powder
¾ cup almond flour
1 cup oat flour
½ cup xylitol
2 teaspoons baking powder
Juice of 1 blood orange (about ¼ cup)
½ scoop ARO vanilla whey protein powder
¼ cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a standard sized loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, and coconut butter. Add in the remainder of bread ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Pour bread batter into prepared pan and smooth down with a spoon.
4. Bake in the oven for 38-44 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of loaf. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
5. Whisk together the glaze ingredients then drizzle on top of cooled bread.
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is 1 slice of bread with glaze
Macros for 1 serving
194 calories, 10.7g protein, 22.4g carbs, 9.2g fat, 4.4g sugar, 3g fiber