½ scoop chocolate protein powder
½ cup almond meal flour
1 Tbsp. cacao powder
½ tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. granulated stevia
1/3 cup almond butter
2 egg whites
2 Tbsp. almond slices
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients together, except almond slices, in a medium sized bowl. Using a handheld mixer or spatula, blend batter together until well incorporated (batter will be thick). Place batter in the fridge for 15 minutes before baking.
3. Take about tablespoon of batter, roll into a ball, and place onto baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Evenly place almond slices in the middle of each cookie and press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
4. Bake for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 servings // 1 serving is 1 cookie
Macros for 1 cookie:
96 calories, 5.2g protein, 3.9g carbs, 0.8g sugar, 7.7g fat, 1.7g fiber
* You may substitute cacao powder with unsweetened cocoa powder.
* You may substitute granulated stevia with another sweetener of choice, like xylitol or splenda.
* You can make your own gluten free whole grain oat flour by grinding gluten free whole grain oats in a food processor until oats turn into a fine powder.