I am loving how these cake bars turned out - texurely, they're perfect. A soft, light cake topped with a sweet, buttery, and crunchy crumble topping. These are traditionally known as coffee cake bars. I understand why. Since the cake isn't overly sweet, it pairs nicely with a cup of coffee. I enjoyed mine with a cup of milk - basically, either way, you won't be disappointed!
1½ cup Vitacost’s gluten-free baking flour
2 scoops ARO vanilla whey protein powder
¼ cup coconut sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup cashew butter
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut sugar
¼ cup ghee butter, melted
¼ cup Vitacost’s gluten-free baking flour
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cashew butter, applesauce, and coconut milk.
3. Add in the remainder of cake ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Pour cake batter into baking dish and smooth down.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together topping ingredients. Evenly sprinkle topping on top of cake batter.
6. Bake in the oven for 34-38 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 cake square
Macros for 1 serving
167 calories, 6.6g protein, 20.3g carbs, 7.5g fat, 8.1g sugar, 1.9g fiber