Sometimes, the simplistic food is the best. I can always go for a simple iced sugar cookie, with a glass of milk, of course! Then there are blondies. Gooey, warm, and sweet blondies. I wanted to merge a sugar cookie with a warm and gooey blondie, so I did. And I sure am happy about it. The blondie portion is sweet, buttery, and soft topped with a silky smooth vanilla icing.
It really is a delicious treat!
½ cup ghee butter, at room temperature
½ cup plain greek yogurt
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 scoops ARO vanilla whey protein powder
1 + 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
¼ cup low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey
½ scoop ARO vanilla whey protein powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat together butter, yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add remainder of blondie ingredients to the mixing and stir until well combined.
4. Spoon batter into prepared dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the oven for 24-26 minutes.
6. While the blondies cool, make the icing by whisking together all of the icing ingredients. Spread icing on top of cooled blondies, cut into 16 squares, (add sprinkles, if desired) and enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 blondie square with icing
Macros for 1 serving
178 calories, 6.9g protein, 18.8g carbs, 9g fat, 11.6g sugar, 1.1g fiber