What better way to celebrate the new year than with a colorful, delicious, protein packed vanilla funfetti protein cake! It is really simple and easy to make but will have you wondering if it is really a healthier version of a traditional white cake. Plus, with 13g protein per serving, it makes a great pre or post workout treat :) Enjoy!
¾ scoop vanilla protein powder
½ cup almond meal flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup stevia or xylitol
¼ tsp. baking powder
2 egg whites
½ cup plain greek yogurt
1/3 cup milk of choice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. butter extract
2 Tbsp. sprinkles
1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
3 Tbsp. plain greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. baking stevia or xylitol
1 Tbsp. vanilla protein powder
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Pre heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 6” round cake pan (or a dish of similar size) with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
2. Add egg whites, greek yogurt, milk, and extracts to a mixing bowl. Whisk until everything is smooth. Add the remainder of cake ingredients to this bowl and stir until batter is well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth down with a spoon.
3. Bake in the oven for 36-40 minutes or until the middle is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
4. For the vanilla icing, heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Add in the remainder of the icing ingredients and stir until smooth. Spread icing on top of cooled cake. Add more sprinkles, if desired. Cut into 6 slices and serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 slice
Macros for 1 slice
164 calories, 13.1g protein, 10g carbs, 8.3g fat, 5.3g fiber, 2.1g sugar
* You may substitute greek yogurt with sour cream or ¼ cup buttermilk.
* You may substitute coconut flour with oat flour (just decrease the milk to ¼ cup).