Frosting! Sweet, smooth, finger-licking good chocolate frosting. I've had brownies before. Haven't we all? But sometimes a basic chocolate brownie doesn't cut it. You know what I mean, right? Sometimes you just need to add something....something even more chocolatey, even more sweet, just more! Frosting. I dare you to give it a try :)
½ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
½ cup plain greek yogurt
3 scoops Devotion Nutrition brownie batter protein powder
2/3 cup oat flour
¾ cup almond meal flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup xylitol
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips
1 scoop Devotion Nutrition brownie batter protein powder
¼ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, ½ cup chocolate almond milk, and yogurt until smooth.
3. Add in the remainder of brownie ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until batter is smooth. If desired, stir in chocolate chips.
4. Pour brownie batter into baking dish and spread out with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of brownies.
6. Let the brownies cool for 30 minutes.
7. To make the icing, whisk together 1 scoop of protein powder with ¼ cup chocolate almond milk. Spread on top of cooled brownies then cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 brownies square with icing (chocolate chips not included in macros)
Macros for 1 serving
104 calories, 9.4g protein, 9.4g carbs, 4.4g fat, 0g sugar, 2g fiber