1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
2 scoops ARO vanilla whey protein powder
Peach Jam Layer
2 cups frozen peaches, thawed (or fresh peaches, sliced)
¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice
5 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons ARO vanilla whey protein powder
¼ cup oat flour
1½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8” baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together applesauce, egg whites, and extract until smooth. Add in the salt, baking powder, 2/3 cup oat flour, and 2 scoops protein powder. Stir until mixture is well combined.
3. Pour base mixture into baking dish, smooth down with a spoon, and bake in the oven for 25-28 minutes. Make the peach jam layer while this is baking.
4. For the peach jam layer, add the peaches, coconut sugar, and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Stir together and bring mixture to a slow simmer on medium heat. Simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes.
5. Stir together cornstarch and 6 tablespoons of water. Add this to the saucepan and stir vigorously. Once mixed together, pour into a blender and blend until smooth. Add 2T of protein powder and stir together. Set this aside while you made the top layer.
6. For the top later, stir together 4 ingredients until you get a crumbly mixture.
7. Now pour the peach jam mixture on top of base layer (in the baking dish). Next, sprinkle the top layer on the peach jam mixture. Bake in the oven for an additional 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
8. Remove from fridge, cut into 16 squares, and enjoy!
Macros for 1 serving
101 calories, 5.2g protein, 15.6g carbs, 2.1g fat, 8.4g sugar, 1g fiber