This recipe is SO easy to make. I am loving the texture of this protein fudge - with major thanks to the ripe avocado and Devotion Nutrition Protein Powder! It has a subtle mint flavor with the perfect amount of chocolate drizzled on top. Enjoy!
½ cup mashed ripe avocado (90g)
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
¼ cup coconut butter, melted
1½ teaspoon peppermint (or mint) extract, divided
2 tablespoons sugar free dark chocolate, melted
1. Place the avocado, honey, greek yogurt, coconut butter and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract in a small blender (I use a magic bullet).
2. Blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into a bowl and, if you still have small lumps, mash them with a spoon until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the protein powder to the mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Evenly spoon fudge mixture into 8 mini cupcake liners, smoothing down with the back of a spoon.
5. Let mixture solidify in the freezer for 2 hours.
6. Once fudge solidifies, melt the chocolate and stir in the remainder of ½ teaspoon peppermint extract. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of each fudge piece. Let the chocolate harden then enjoy!
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is one piece of fudge with chocolate
Macros for 1 serving
126 calories, 3.8g protein, 10.4g carbs, 8.1g fat, 7.1g sugar, 2.4g fiber
* Store fudge in the freezer until ready to eat. Remove them from the freezer and let thaw about 5 minutes before eating.
* You may substitute honey with agave syrup or maple syrup.