½ cup frozen dark cherries, thawed
½ cup plain greek yogurt
3 egg whites
1¼ cups gluten-free oat flour
¼ cup xylitol
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
4 frozen dark cherries, thawed and pureed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8" baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine cherries, yogurt, and egg whites. Blend until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the remainder of cake ingredients to the mixing bowl and whisk until batter is well combined. Pour cake batter into prepared pan and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 34-38 minutes, or until center of cake is cooked. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour (make the frosting now).
5. For the frosting, slightly soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Add yogurt to bowl of cream cheese whisk until smooth. Add the honey, cherries, protein, & flex flavor and stir until well combined.
6. Remove cake from pan and evenly spread the frosting on top of the large cake square. Slice into 16 even squares and serve. Enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 cake square with frosting
Macros for 1 serving
109 calories, 8g protein, 14.4g carbs, 2.9g fat, 4.3g sugar, 1.6g fiber
* Since there was no other fat source in the recipe, I opted to use full fat plain greek yogurt. To decrease the calories and fat content, you can use low fat greek yogurt or fat free greek yogurt.