Cherry and chocolate unite in these gooey and fudgey protein brownies that pack on 8.8g of protein per brownie, thanks to Jamie Eason's line of protein - Lean Body for Her. They're also significantly lower in sugar than most brownies but still taste just as delectable. Enjoy!
5 egg whites
¾ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
½ cup almond meal flour
1 cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup frozen cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine egg whites, milk, yogurt, and almond butter in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, xylitol, and baking powder to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients.
4. Stir together until brownie batter is smooth and well combined. Stir in cherries.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-34 minutes, or until center is cooked. Let cool for 20 minutes, slice into 16 squares, and serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 square
Macros for 1 serving
152 calories, 8.8g protein, 18.1g carbs, 6.9g fat, 3.6g sugar, 3.2g fiber
* You can also use an 8x8” baking pan – increase the cooking time by 4-6 minutes.
* I like to use crunchy almond butter in the batter as a way to add texture to the brownies.