These sugar-free, buttery, and melt in your mouth shortbread cookies will not disappoint. I wanted to make cookies that were simple to make but still had a flavor profile similar to the standard shortbread cookie. Using minimal healthier ingredient alternatives, these cookies only have 85 calories each and NO SUGAR! They are also dairy-free. No Eggs. No yogurt. They are perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee or for dessert. Enjoy!
1½ scoops vanilla protein powder
2/3 cups oat flour
3 tablespoons xylitol
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon butter extract
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
5 tablespoons almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, ¼ cup almond milk, and extracts until well combined.
3. Add the remainder of cookie ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Using an extra small ice cream scoop, or a spoon, drop about 1 tablespoon of cookie batter onto sheet pan. Repeat this until 14 cookies are made.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
6. Whisk the glaze ingredients together and drizzle on each cookie.
Makes 14 servings
1 serving is 1 cookie with glaze
Macros for 1 serving
85 calories, 4.9g protein, 6.9g carbs, 4.8g fat, 0g sugar, 0.8g fiber