Stop what you are doing and make these right now! I am not kidding. These are so delicious and honestly do not taste like a healthier version of strawberry cake. I am so pleased with the taste and texture of these cake bars. The strawberries are so perfect, too, this time of year. I have already eaten two. My husband - I'll let you guess. No, I'll tell you. Four. Four!! These may be my best cake bars yet. Enjoy!
4 egg whites
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup chopped strawberries, divided
1/3 cup all-natural cashew butter
1½ scoops vanilla protein powder
¾ cup almond meal flour
1¼ cup oat flour
1/3 cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup white chocolate chips
Optional: 1 tablespoon sugar free strawberry gelatin mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine egg whites, yogurt, milk, ½ cup strawberries, & cashew butter in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, baking powder, and gelatin mix to a mixing bowl. Stir together.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in remainder ½ cup of strawberries and white chocolate chips into batter.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-32 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Slice into 16 squares and serve immediately. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 square (without white chocolate drizzle)
Macros for 1 serving
147 calories, 7.5g protein, 15.7g carbs, 7.4g fat, 3.5g sugar, 1.9g fiber