You know what is so great about donuts. Well, specifically these donuts. Let's go over a few things. They are mini basically meaning it's ok to have like 3, 4, 12...right? They have a surprisingly sweet crunch from the coconut flakes that are baked on top. I love different textures so this excited me when I took my first bite. It took me a total of 20 minutes to make them (including cooking time - not clean up time though. Thanks husband!). These are not too sweet and go perfectly with a cup of coffee :) And there's an added boost of protein. What I am trying to say is these are worth making. Enjoy!
¾ scoop banana protein powder
¼ cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or oat flour)
2 tablespoons xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
½ tsp. baking powder
1 whole egg
3 Tbsp. coconut butter, melted
¼ cup low fat milk (or milk or choice)
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Whisk together all of the donut ingredients, except shredded coconut, until smooth.
3. Evenly spoon batter into donut pan, filling 12 molds. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
5. Drizzle with additional coconut butter, if desired. Enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is 1 mini donut without additional coconut butter
Macros for 1 serving
62 calories, 2.9g protein, 5.6g carbs, 1.2g fiber, 3.8g fat, 0.4g sugar