Talk about a great way to start the day. I am so pleased with how these turned out! And every time I make a warm fruit sauce or jam, I immediately understand why it was worth the time. These crepes taste much naughtier then they actually are. Why go to IHOP and get their high sugar, high calorie, and I'm sure high fat crepes when these can be easily made at your own home? Enjoy!
¼ cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
2 egg whites
2 tsp. baking stevia (or sweetener of choice)
¼ cup + 3 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
2 Tbsp. low fat cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
4 Tbsp. baking stevia (or sweetener of choice)
2 tsp. lemon juice
Optional: 2 tsp. sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
½ cup blueberries
2 Tbsp. sugar free maple syrup (or regular maple syrup or honey)
¼ lemon zest
1 Tbsp. baking stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1. Place blueberry jam ingredients in a small saucepan and cook on the stove-top over low-medium heat. Slow simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. Let jam cool while crepes are made.
2. Combine all crepe ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until batter is smooth.
3. Place a medium round pan on stovetop over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour 1/3 of the crepe batter in pan. Cook until small bubbles form then flip and cook on the other side until both sides are golden brown. Repeat this process until 3 crepes are made.
4. Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and whisk or stir until mixture is smooth.
5. Evenly distribute lemon cheesecake filling and half of the blueberry jam in each crepe, roll crepes, and top with the remainder of the blueberry jam. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving
1 serving is 3 crepes with lemon cheesecake filling and blueberry jam
Macros for 1 serving
378 calories, 32.3g protein, 36.2g carbs, 11.3g fat, 6g fiber, 10.3g sugar