2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
½ cup almond meal flour
½ cup baking stevia or xylitol
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup liquid coconut oil
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 Tbsp. unsulfured molasses
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg white
Caramel Apple Sauce
1 large apple, chopped
1/3 cup sugar free maple syrup
3 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray and sprinkle with a little flour.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, coconut oil, applesauce, molasses, extract and eggs until smooth. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flours, protein powder, stevia, coconut palm sugar, and baking powder. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk together until all lumps are out and batter is completely smooth.
3. Pour cake batter into the bundt pan and bake in the oven for 34-38 minutes, or until center of cake is cooked. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto serving dish.
4. To make the caramel apple sauce, combine the chopped apples, maple syrup, and coconut palm sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook this mixture on the stovetop over medium low heat, brining it to a slow simmer, for about 15-20 minutes. The mixture should thicken. Remove from the stovetop and let cool for about 30 minutes.
5. Pour the caramel apple sauce on top of the gingerbread bundt cake and cut into 24 even slices. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Makes 24 servings
1 serving is 1 slice with sauce
Macros for 1 serving
152 calories, 4.5g protein, 18.5g carbs, 6.8g fat, 7.6g sugar, 2g fiber