When I started to make these donuts, I was originally going to put the Sweet Spreads in the donut batter. But then I remembered how amazing the coconutter is as a topping. And what more perfect way than to use it as the "icing" on the donuts. It is perfect! These mini donuts may be smaller but pack a pretty yummy and large flavor punch! Enjoy!
¼ cup Sweet Spreads cinnamon roll coconutter, melted
¼ cup plain greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. cooked sweet potato
2 egg whites
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ scoop vanilla protein powder
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup almond meal flour
2 Tbsp. baking stevia or xylitol
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add the greek yogurt, sweet potato, egg whites, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and whisk until completely smooth. Add in the remainder of the ingredients, except the coconutter, and stir together until well combined.
3. Divide donut batter among the 12 mini donut molds and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly. Evenly drizzle ¼ cup cinnamon roll coconutter on top of the donuts and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is 1 mini donut
Macros for 1 serving
86 calories, 3.8g protein, 6.4g carbs, 1.8g fiber, 5.7g fat, 1.2g sugar
* You may substitute whole-wheat pastry flour with oat flour or regular whole-wheat flour.
* You may substitute plain greek yogurt with unsweetened applesauce.