For me, these are the perfect pre-workout snack. They're simple to make and give me energy to kill my workout! Plus, anything that is sweet and healthy that cures my sweet-tooth makes me happy. Enjoy!
2 oz. dried mango
¼ cup light coconut milk
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut, set aside for coating
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place all ingredients, except 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut, in a food processor or blender (I used a magic bullet). Blend mixture until everything starts to come together.
2. Take about 1½ Tbsp. of mixture and roll into a ball. Place protein ball on a greased baking pan. Repeat this process until 12 protein balls are made.
3. Roll each protein ball in shredded coconut and place back on greased pan. Place protein bites in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
4. Bake protein bites in pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes or until coconut is lightly toasted.
Makes 6 servings
1 serving = 2 protein bite
Macros for 2 protein bites
123 calories, 7.3g protein, 12.6g carbs, 8.5g sugar, 5.1g fat, 1g fiber
* You may refrigerate leftovers for up to 1 week.
* You may substitute dried mango with dried peaches or dried papaya.